Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia: Investigate police conduct after deaths of five people protesting ethnic clashes
- 23 Killed in Ethnic Violence Near Addis Ababa
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
- Ethiopia tops global list of highest internal displacement in 2018
NRC Horn of Africa: Assisted 1.2 million people
Astrid Sehl, Nairobi (12.04.2012)
In the midst of the world’s worst humanitarian crisis, the NRC Horn of Africa programme provided assistance to nearly 1.2 million of the most vulnerable people in 2011.
NRC calls for 10 million USD from the international donor community to urgently scale up its emergency response to people suffering from starvation in Somalia. NRC will also expand its ongoing programmes in Ethiopia and Kenya.
So far, over 11 million people have been severely affected by the drought that has caused deaths and widespread displacement across the Horn of Africa.