58 entries found
Sort by: Latest |Relevance
18 Sep 2018 description

KEY MESSAGES

  • This week there were 14 new arrivals and only 4 exits recorded at Dollow IDP camps. The number of new arrivals slightly increased compared to the previous week. In general, for the month of August, movements in Dolow IDP sites have remained significantly low compared with July entries.

05 Sep 2018 description

Foreword from the Regional Director

Welcome to the August edition of the UN Migration Agency Bulletin for the East and Horn of Africa.
Like in many parts of the globe, migration continues to dominate debates in our region. On 6 August, IOM and its partners, launched a Regional Migrant Response Plan for the Horn of Africa and Yemen appealing to the international community for USD 45 million. It is the first of such plan to be launched ever.

08 Aug 2018 description

SUMMARY

The DTM Monthly Regional Update contains consolidated summary updates and highlights from field DTM implementation. This document covers updates from the regional network of flow monitoring of migrants as well as the tracking and monitoring of internal displacement in the country. It is published on monthly basis and covers the East Africa and Horn of Africa Region.

03 Aug 2018 description

KEY MESSAGES

• A total of 192 entries and zero exit were recorded in Dolow IDPs camps. The number of entries has been increasing due ongoing fighting in Ethiopia and also SCOPE registration in Dolow IDPs camps.

• The majority of the new arrivals this week cited lack of food as their reason for displacement (54%), insecurity (25%) and uncomfortable condition (21%).

• More than two-third of the new arrivals came from across the border, Ethiopia (75%) and nearby districts of Belet xaawo (21%) and Luuq (4%).

30 Jul 2018 description

Foreword from the Regional Director

Welcome to the July edition of the UN Migration Agency Bulletin for the East and Horn of Africa.
Our region has much to celebrate after the historic breakthrough in Ethiopia and Eritrea relations. The signing of a Joint Declaration of Peace and Friendship by the leaders of the two countries, and the subsequent restoration of air services and phone links, we hope, will lead to the free movement of people across their borders.

27 Jul 2018 description

KEY MESSAGES

  • A total of 96 entries and zero exit were recorded in Dolow IDP camps. This is the second week in a raw with no exit. The ongoing scope registration in both IDPs sites has contributed to the number of entries and exits this week among other reasons.

  • The majority of the new arrivals this week cited lack of food as their reason for displacement (72%), uncomfortable condition (14%) and rejoining families (14%) as their reason for entry.

20 Jul 2018 description

KEY MESSAGES

• A total of 141 entries and zero exit were recorded in Dolow IDPs camps. There was an increase in the number of entries this week attributed to scope registration in Dolow IDPs camps and insecurity experienced across the border in Ethiopia.

• The new arrivals this week cited the reasons for entry to the camps as insecurity (47%), lack of food (37%) and uncomfortable condition (16%).

15 Jul 2018 description

The DTM Monthly Regional Update contains consolidated summary updates and highlights from field DTM implementation. This document covers updates from the regional network of flow monitoring of migrants as well as the tracking and monitoring of internal displacement in the country. It is published on monthly basis and currently covering the East and Horn of Africa Region.

06 Jul 2018 description

KEY MESSAGES

  • A total of 115 entries and zero exit were recorded in Dolow IDPs camps this week. The number of entries recorded this week are slightly lower than last week but way above the numbers we’ve see for the last three months.

  • The majority of the new arrivals this week cited lack of food as their reason for displacement (69%), uncomfortable condition (19%) and rejoining families (12%) as their reason for entry.

02 Jul 2018 description

IOM Provides Piped Water to Uganda’s Largest Refugee Settlement

29 Jun 2018 description

KEY MESSAGES

  • A total of 119 entries and 6 exits were recorded in Dolow IDPs camps. There is a continued trend of increase of IDP entries with the highest number of entries recorded this week this year.

  • The majority of the new arrivals cited lack of food as their reason for displacement (63%), rejoining families (32%) and uncomfortable condition (5%).

  • More than half of the new arrivals came from Ethiopia (53%) while the remaining came from nearby districts in Belet xaawo (26%), Garbaharey (16%) and Luuq (5%).

22 Jun 2018 description

KEY MESSAGES

• A total of 25 new arrivals were reported, a two fold increase of entries compared to the previous week. Once again, no exits were reported.

• The majority of the new arrivals cited lack of food as their reason for displacement (75%) while others cited rejoining their family (25%).

• The majority of new arrivals came from Ethiopia (57%) while the remaining came from Belet xaawo(13%), Xudur (13%) and Garbaharey district (14%).

22 Jun 2018 description

KEY MESSAGES

• A total of 44 entries and no exits were recorded this week. The number of entries increased from last week.

• The majority of new arrivals cited lack of food as their reason for displacement (80%), rejoining families (9%) and uncomfortable conditions (11%) as their reason for entry.

• More than half of the new arrivals came from Belet xaawo (18%), Garbaharey (18%), Xudur (9%), Belet Wayne (9%) and the remaining came from Ethiopia (45%).

04 Jun 2018 description

Reintegration Facility project launched in Somaliland

The European Union (EU)-funded "Reintegration Facility" project was launched on 24 April in Somaliland. The kick-off meeting event was hosted by the Somaliland Government, EU and IOM. The project will help migrants from Somaliland who have become stranded in African countries to return home voluntarily and reintegrate into their communities. It will also assist Ethiopians in Somaliland to return home and provide them with reintegration support.

31 May 2018 description

KEY MESSAGES

  • Last week of May, a total of 39 entries and zero exits were recorded in Dolow IDP camps. The number of entries on this week increased double compared to previous week while the exits remained zero for the last two weeks in a row.

  • Lack of food (70%), employment opportunity (15%) and rejoining family (15%) were cited as their reason for entry.

  • This week most of the new arrivals came from across the border from Ethiopia (77%), Belet xaawo District (15%) and Baidoa District (8%).

24 May 2018 description

KEY MESSAGES

  • This week there were 15 new arrivals through Dollow check points and Zero Exits was recorded.
    The number of arrivals reported this week was higher than the numbers recorded last week; the key driving factors for displacements in to Dolow this week were lack of food (100%)

  • The zero exit and high entry can be attributed as farmers have not yet harvested their crops since the onset of Gu rainy season,

  • Unlike the previous weeks all the new arrivals came from Ethiopia (80%).

17 May 2018 description

KEY MESSAGES

• A total of 7 entries and 11 exits were recorded at Qansaxley camp in Dolow which continues to observe low entry compared to exits. This low number of arrivals and high number of exits are due to the Gu rainy season prompting families to return to their seasonal farms.

• The majority of new arrivals in the last week cited lack of food as their reason for displacement (100%). Unlike the previous weeks all new arrivals came from Ethiopia (100%).

11 May 2018 description

KEY MESSAGES

• A total of 7 entries compared to 3 exits were recorded in Dolow IDP camps during the reporting period. There have been below-average numbers of movements in and out of Dolow IDP sites ever since the Gu raining season started four weeks ago.

• All of the new arrivals came from refugee camps across the border in Ethiopia. Most cited lack of food as their reason for displacement (67%), and the remaining were rejoining families (33%).

10 May 2018 description

KEY MESSAGES

• This week a total of 15 entries and 41 exits were recorded at Kabasa and Qansaxley camps. The high number of exits observed the highest number in the past 5 months.

• The majority of the new arrivals cited lack of food as their reason for displacement (67%) while the rest cited employment opportunity (33%). The new arrivals came from nearby districts: Baardheere (33%), Belet Xaawo (33%) while the remainder came from across the border from Ethiopia (34%).