Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia – New Episode of Ethnic Violence (DG ECHO, Media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
Nairobi, Rome, Washington DC, 25 July 2011 – In the midst of one of the worst humanitarian crises in recent times affecting the Horn of Africa, the Jesuit Refugee Service has announced plans to step up ongoing work for Somalis in Ethiopia and Kenya, and establish new services in the former.
REFUGEE NEWS BRIEFINGS
ETHIOPIA: REFUGEE INFLUX EXPECTED AS ARMY WITHDRAWS FROM SOMALIA
On 15 January, Ethiopian troops supporting the Somali government withdrew completely from the capital Mogadishu, leaving a power vacuum that is expected to lead to further bloodshed.
Analysts fear the withdrawal of approximately 3,000 Ethiopian soldiers will cause more violence in Somalia, which has been mired in civil conflict for the last 18 years.