Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Investigate police conduct after deaths of five people protesting ethnic clashes
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
- 23 Killed in Ethnic Violence Near Addis Ababa
Note: This report updates Somalia Fact Sheet #1 dated March 31, 2004.
Since the collapse of Muhammad Siad Barre's government in January 1991, Somalia has existed without an internationally recognized national government and suffered from outbreaks of armed conflict between rival clan groups.
Update of El Niño
Synopsis: ENSO-neutral conditions are expected to continue during the next three months.
Oceanic and atmospheric conditions in the Pacific basin continued to reflect the neutral phase of the ENSO cycle during May 2004. Sea surface temperatures were warmer-than-average in the western and central equatorial Pacific (Niño 3.4 and 4 regions) and cooler-than-average in the eastern equatorial Pacific (Niño 3 and 1+2 regions) during the month.
June 2 Locust Update: from the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, Rome, Italy
Swarms expected to form in NW Africa and move to Sahel
Update on the ITCZ position:
CCA Guidance for August - September - October at 4 Months Lead
This week we focus on the outlooks for August-October for the following areas; the Sahel, the Gulf of Guinea and northeast Africa with four months lead-time.
Africa Weather Hazards Assessment Text Explanation
April 22-28, 2004
CCA Guidance for Northeast Africa Rainfall in April - June 2004 at One Month Lead
CCA Guidance for Gulf of Guinea Rainfall in April-June 2004 at One Month Lead