Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Countries from IGAD team up to end polio: The three Ministers of Health jointly launch to vaccinate about six million under-five children
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia – New Episode of Ethnic Violence (DG ECHO, Media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
NAIROBI, 12 August (IRIN) - A number of priority issues must urgently be addressed - by governments, aid agencies, donors, media, and local communities directly affected - in order to avert famine in the Horn of Africa, according to a discussion paper from the USAID-funded Famine Early Warning System (FEWS Net) and the international aid agency, CARE.
NAIROBI, 15 July (IRIN) - The Horn of Africa region has become a leading destination for illicit weapons, which have in turn fuelled insecurity, economic decline, and political instability, a small arms conference in Nairobi was told on Friday.
By Mike Crawley, dpa
Hargeisa (dpa) - Faduma Abdi stopped being a refugee seven months ago, but still lives like one.
Her home is a dome-shaped hut made of scraps of cloth and empty food-aid sacks pitched on a dusty plot of land in Hargeisa, capital of the self-declared Republic of Somaliland, in northwestern Somalia.
She ekes out a living selling cups of sweet tea.
ADDIS ABABA, 21 May (IRIN) - Ethiopia has said Somalia's Transitional National Government (TNG) is trying to "scuttle" the country's forthcoming peace talks after the TNG accused Addis Ababa of meddling in Somali politics.
NAIROBI, 1 May (IRIN) - An effort by Ethiopia to mediate between the current and former leaders of the self-declared autonomous region of Puntland, northeastern Somalia, has failed, according to local sources.
This Annual Report is intended for reporting on the Federation's Annual Appeals only.
Appeal Target: CHF 4,819,204 (USD 2,969,221 or EUR 3,296,273)
Objectives, Achievements and Constraints Regional Disaster Preparedness and Response
During the year, the regional disaster preparedness and response Strategy 2010 was launched through the East Africa Appeal 2001-2002, and the necessary structures and systems set up for the next nine years. The programme team was composed of one delegate and two regionally recruited officers.