Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 72 | 7 - 20 January 2019
- Ethiopia – Inter-communal fighting in South Sudanese refugee camps (DG ECHO, DG ECHO partners) (ECHO Daily Flash of 21 January 2019)
- U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants Applauds Ethiopia’s New Refugee Law
Africa Weather Hazards Assessment Text Explanation December 25-31, 2003
ADDIS ABABA, 14 November (IRIN) - Sam Amoo is heading a pan-African programme for the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), aimed at boosting the continent's conflict resolution capabilities. In the Ethiopian capital, Addis Ababa, he told IRIN why efforts often fail because peace builders arrive with ready-made answers, and how it is up to Africans to find solutions to the conflicts that ravage the continent.
Updated Cyclone Monitoring
Mogadishu (dpa) - More than 27 Somali and Ethiopian refugees are believed to have died as they were forced off two boats on their way across the Gulf of Aden from Somalia to Yemen.
The acting counsellor of the Somali embassy in Yemen, Hussein Hajji Ahmed Mohammed, told Deutsche Presse-Agentur, dpa on Friday he had been speaking to survivors of the boating disaster who were forced to swim ashore after the boat started taking water.
The refugees claimed they were beaten by the crew as they tried to get to an upper part of the boat when the lower areas started to fill with water.
FSAU REPORTS AND ACTIVITIES