Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia - Council conclusions (19 November 2018)
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #10 – Reporting Period: October 2018
- World Vision East Africa Region Situation Report | October 1 - October 31, 2018
The International Organization for Migration (IOM)continues to be actively involved in anumber of Migrants' Assistance projects and Human Mobility data collection activities in the Horn of Africa (HoA) and in the Arab Peninsula. This report aims atproviding an overview ofthe trends observed in thefirst halfof 2018 in theregion, across Ethiopia,Somalia, Djibouti, and Yemen.
Foreword from the Regional Director
"We commend the Government of Rwanda for passing its first-ever law relating to the “prevention, suppression and punishment of trafficking in persons and exploitation of others"
Foreword from the Regional Director
Welcome to the September edition of the UN Migration Agency Bulletin for the East and Horn of Africa.
Le Secrétaire général des Nations Unies, António Guterres, a salué la rencontre jeudi à Djibouti, des ministres des affaires étrangères de l’Érythrée, de l’Éthiopie et de la Somalie avec le chef de la diplomatie djiboutienne.
Cette rencontre organisée le 6 septembre à Djibouti a débouché sur la signature d’un accord de coopération entre l’Érythrée, l’Éthiopie et la Somalie.
The following statement was issued today by the Spokesman for UN Secretary-General António Guterres:
The Secretary-General welcomes the visit to Djibouti on 6 September by the Ministers for Horn of Africa of Eritrea, Ethiopia and Somalia, joining Djibouti's Foreign Minister, as another important step in the rapprochement among the countries in the Horn of Africa region. The agreement reached among the four Ministers to work together to restore peace and stability in the region is a positive example for the Horn and beyond.
8322nd Meeting (AM)
Asmara’s Representative Calls for Lifting of Embargo without Preconditions
On the heels of the landmark rapprochement between Ethiopia and Eritrea, which ended two decades of hostility, the international community must honour its responsibilities to support historic efforts to build peace in the Horn of Africa, the Security Council heard today following a briefing on the recent visit to the region by the Sanctions Committee on Eritrea and Somalia.
Delegations will find attached the Council conclusions on the Horn of Africa/Red Sea as adopted at the 3628th meeting of the Council on 25 June 2018.
Council Conclusions on the Horn of Africa/Red Sea
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea announced today an additional USD$2 million to fund polio outbreak response and surveillance activities in the Horn of Africa.
21 June 2018 – The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea announced today an additional USD$2 million to fund polio outbreak response and surveillance activities in the Horn of Africa. This commitment makes Korea the first country to support outbreak response efforts in the region, critical to protecting global progress toward ending polio.