Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 72 | 7 - 20 January 2019
- Ethiopia | Internal displacement (December 2018) – DG ECHO Daily Map | 22/01/2019
- Ethiopia – Inter-communal fighting in South Sudanese refugee camps (DG ECHO, DG ECHO partners) (ECHO Daily Flash of 21 January 2019)
- Favorable, late-season rains continued throughout many regions of West Africa during the last week.
- Significantly heavy rainfall forecast over northern Somalia and eastern Ethiopia.
1) Below-average rains during the Belg season and a late onset of the Kiremt rains have led to persistent moisture deficits, which have delayed planting and negatively affected the development of already-planted crops over the Arsi and West Arsi zones in central Oromia of central Ethiopia.
Conseil de sécurité
Point 64 b) de l’ordre du jour provisoire**
Nouveau Partenariat pour le développement de l’Afrique : progrès accomplis dans la mise en œuvre et appui international : les causes des conflits et la promotion d’une paix et d’un développement durables en Afrique
Item 64 (b) of the provisional agenda**
New Partnership for Africa’s Development: progress in
implementation and international support: causes of
conflict and the promotion of durable peace and
sustainable development in Africa
Executive Committee of the High Commissioner’s Programme
Geneva, 1-5 October 2012
Update on UNHCR’s operations in Africa
While new or escalating refugee emergencies continue to command a decisive part of UNHCR’s attention and resources in Africa in 2012, the region has continued to present opportunities to bring long-standing refugee situations to a close. Some of these situations have been successfully resolved while others present a number of remaining challenges.
A. Situational analysis including new developments
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE OF THE
HIGH COMMISSIONER’S PROGRAMME
13 – 15 March 2012
Agenda Item 3. a) i.
This statement has been drafted in consultation with, and is delivered on behalf of, a wide range of NGOs and attempts to reflect the diversity of views within the NGO community.