Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- UNHCR Ethiopia Factsheet - November 2018
From drought to floods — climate variability still impacting on vulnerable pastoral and agricultural communities.
The Eastern sector of the region has suddenly shifted from experi-encing severe drought to floods. This feature is a constant and urgent reminder of climate variability impacting on the most vulnerable pastoral and marginal agricultural communities.
Cereal crop in Somalia at 17-year low as famine spreads and food prices soar
The number of people affected by the current drought crisis in the Horn of Africa now stands at 13.3 million, with those affected in Djibouti, Kenya, Somalia and Ethiopia. This is a significant increase from 12.42 million reported in August 2011 (UNHCR, KFSSG, FSNAU).