Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia | Internal displacement (December 2018) – DG ECHO Daily Map | 22/01/2019
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 72 | 7 - 20 January 2019
- Ethiopia – Inter-communal fighting in South Sudanese refugee camps (DG ECHO, DG ECHO partners) (ECHO Daily Flash of 21 January 2019)
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea announced today an additional USD$2 million to fund polio outbreak response and surveillance activities in the Horn of Africa.
21 June 2018 – The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea announced today an additional USD$2 million to fund polio outbreak response and surveillance activities in the Horn of Africa. This commitment makes Korea the first country to support outbreak response efforts in the region, critical to protecting global progress toward ending polio.
SEOUL, REPUBLIC OF KOREA, June 6 (UNHCR) – Nasra Ali Barked has survived to the ripe age of 22 because she's been able to adjust quickly to change. But now, standing in the gleaming steel and glass arrivals hall of Incheon International Airport, the young Somali refugee seems completely overwhelmed by the futuristic world confronting her.
(Bangkok, 15 September 2011) – Five countries in Asia and the Pacific have donated almost 18 per cent of the total amount of emergency aid provided to date, to the crisis in the Horn of Africa.
Australia, Japan, China, the Republic of Korea and New Zealand have provided US$275 million to the four countries that make up the Horn of Africa crisis - Somalia, Ethiopia, Kenya and Djibouti.