Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Marks World AIDS Day with Optimism Following New Report on HIV Care and Treatment Progress
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- EU Desirous to Support Ethiopia in Fighting Human Trafficking: European Commission Official
This document provides an overview of developments in the Mediterranean Basin and other regions of interest from 09 — 15 October, with hyperlinks to source material highlighted and underlined in the text. For more information on the topics below or other issues pertaining to the region, please contact the members of the Med Basin Team, or visit our website at www.cimicweb.org
Security in Sinai (pg 1)
North Africa (pg 2-3)
Northeast Africa (pg 4-5)
Horn of Africa (pg 6-7)
By decision of Minister for International Development Heidi Hautala, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs has granted humanitarian aid appropriations totalling 67.6 million euros to people suffering from the world’s crises. Finland directs humanitarian assistance to Africa, Asia, the Middle East and the Caribbean.
Point 72 de l'ordre du jour provisoire*
Renforcement de la coordination de l'aide humanitaire et des secours
en cas de catastrophe fournis par les organismes des Nations Unies,
Lors du comité interministériel de l'aide alimentaire qui s'est réuni le 25 juin sous la présidence du ministère des Affaires étrangères et européennes, la France a procédé à l'affectation d'une deuxième tranche de 10 millions d'euros d'aide alimentaire.
By: Raeed Tayeh
The latest reports from different countries for 2007.
In the Ethiopian capital of Addis Ababa, 232 families with orphaned children were provided food baskets, just in time for Eid-ul-Fitr. This project was completed in cooperation with American Relief Agency for the Horn of Africa (ARAHA).
In the Gaza Strip, where things continue to go from bad to worse in one of the world's most densely populated areas, LIFE was able to provide food baskets to 500 families.
(New York: 17 July 2007): From getting medical treatment, building material and food to Afghan refugees to providing helicopters for distributing food in Sudan, the United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) has given almost $201 million for life-saving aid activities in the first half of 2007. The largest amounts of rapid response funding from the CERF during this period went to Mozambique ($11.2 million), Guinea ($9.8 million) and Chad ($7.2 million).
Somalia-Hundreds of thousands of displaced face dire conditions- Fighting between the Transitional Federal Government (TFG), backed by the Ethiopian troops, and anti-TFG factions increased in Mogadishu in March and April, and was reported to be the worst wave of violence in the city for 16 years. An estimated 395,000 people, representing about one third of the town's population, have fled the city and concentrated mostly in Shabelle, Galgadud, Hiran, Mudug and Bay regions.