Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
This Weekly Bulletin focuses on selected acute public health emergencies occurring in the WHO African Region. The WHO Health Emergencies Programme is currently monitoring 44 events in the region. This week’s edition covers key new and ongoing events, including:
Dengue fever in Senegal
Dengue fever in Burkina Faso
Plague in Madagascar
Marburg virus disease in Uganda
Yellow fever in Nigeria
Humanitarian Crisis in Central African Republic
The R4 Rural Resilience Initiative (R4) is a strategic partnership between Oxfam America (OA) and the UN World Food Programme (WFP). R4 was initiated in 2011 to respond to the challenges faced by food-insecure communities enduring increasingly frequent and intense climate disasters and other shocks. This report outlines the key accomplishments during the January to March 2015 quarter. This quarter marked the beginning of the R4 implementation phase in Malawi and Zambia, and continued expansion in Ethiopia and Senegal.
By Jennifer Harter, Communications Associate
It was a gathering of the most powerful organizations in the global fight against malaria in one of the most powerful places in the world.
And Christian Children's Fund (CCF) was among those invited to the White House on Wednesday for Malaria Awareness Day.
The Vice President for Global Programs at CCF, Michelle Poulton visited the White House on the organization's behalf for a key event in President Bush's efforts to fight malaria.
Poulton attended the luncheon in the White House Rose Garden for Malaria Awareness Day in …