Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Investigate police conduct after deaths of five people protesting ethnic clashes
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
- 23 Killed in Ethnic Violence Near Addis Ababa
- Ethiopia tops global list of highest internal displacement in 2018
NEW YORK, USA, 15 September 2009 - The highly successful Schools for Africa partnership entered its second phase today with a memorandum of understanding signed by its three main partners - UNICEF, the Nelson Mandela Foundation and the Hamburg Society for the Promotion of Democracy and International Law.
Founded in 2004 by German shipping magnate and Hamburg Society founder Peter Krämer, Schools for Africa has reached its target of raising $50 million for education in six African nations - and has done so a year ahead of schedule.
"I'm amazed that we have 26 …
DAKAR, 11 September 2009 (IRIN) - Vaccination coverage against pneumonia, the leading preventable cause of under-five child deaths worldwide, is low in the most-affected countries, according to data to be released in The Lancet medical journal on 12 September.
Though vaccines exist to fight two bacteria responsible for more than one million child deaths a year, their roll-out in Asia and Africa has been slow due to lack of money and awareness, according to research groups specializing in pneumonia.
"Prevention of pneumococcal and Hib [haemophilius influenzae type b] cases and …
Kenyatta International Conference Centre