Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- German Launches Special Training Initiative to Refugees in Ethiopia
By Thalif Deen
STOCKHOLM, Aug 21 (IPS) - The widespread water scarcity in the African continent, impacting on the lives of nearly 300 million people, may be aggravated further by several new threats, including climate change, transboundary disputes and the negative fallout from military conflicts.
Par Granstedt, general secretary of the Association of European Parliamentarians for Africa (AWEPA), points out that the African continent has contributed least to the emissions causing climate change, but is hardest hit by their effects.
"We need to develop common strategies to …
DURBAN, South Africa, Jul 6, 2002 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- The Organization of African Unity (OAU) has granted more than 1.7 million US dollars in humanitarian assistance to 13 member states in the past six months, according to an OAU report here on Saturday.
Durban, South Africa (PANA) - OAU Secretary General Amara Essy said Wednesday in Durban, South Africa that poverty, conflicts, deprivation and diseases plaguing the continent were a betrayal of Africa's youth.
By Matthew Tostevin
ROME (Reuters) - Serious food supply difficulties are emerging in parts of east Africa, mainly due to unfavorable weather, civil conflicts and pests, the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization said in a report released Wednesday.
Secretary of State Madeleine Albright today begins 10-day tour - her third trip to Africa.
The United Nations secretary general has appealed to donor countries to open their eyes -- and their coffers -- to Africa's suffering, writes Victorian Brittain
Jerome Hule, PANA Correspondent
NEW YORK, UN (PANA) - With its appeal to the international community in support of its humanitarian operations in Africa largely unheeded, the UN said Thursday that a desperate situation faced 12 million victims of war and natural disasters on the continent.
CAIRO, Egypt (PANA) - The Day of the African Refugee was observed Sunday amid hopes by continent's people for a quick and adequate solution to the prevailing problems affecting refugees and stateless people.