Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Eritrea-Ethiopia peace leads to a refugee surge
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Afar Region, Round 13: September/October 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
At the Fourth Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD IV) convened in Yokohama last May, the participants compiled the Yokohama Action Plan that lays out assistant measures to be implemented by countries or organizations.
Minister for Foreign Affairs Yoriko Kawaguchi visited Ethiopia (August 26-27) and Angola (August 27-29) before attending the World Summit on Sustainable Development (WSSD) held in the Republic of South Africa. During the visit, Foreign Minister Kawaguchi had exchanges of views with prominent members of both governments on bilateral relations and regional affairs amongst other issues, and met informally with those working in the field of economic assistance. Ms. Kawaguchi also visited sites where ODA projects as well as landmine removal programmes are being carried out.
The Government of Japan has decided to extend emergency grant aid totaling 4,791,000 dollars for activities of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) in the fields of water, sanitation and health which are intended for six African countries (Angola: 420,000 dollars, Uganda: 366,000 dollars, Ethiopia: 1,005,000 dollars, Eritrea: 1,650,000 dollars, Sudan: 1,200,000 dollars, and Burundi: 150,000 dollars).