Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- UNHCR Ethiopia Fact Sheet September 2018
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is launching an emergency appeal for 2.4 million Swiss francs (US$ 2.1 million, EUR 1.6 million) to support Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies from 14 countries in Africa to respond to wild poliovirus outbreaks across the continent.
"We have clear indications that polio is spreading again, including in countries such as Uganda which had been polio-free for more than a decade," says Dr Tammam Aloudat, IFRC Senior …
La Fédération internationale des Sociétés de la Croix-Rouge et du Croissant-Rouge (FICR) lance un appel d'urgence de 2,4 millions de francs suisses (USD 2,1 millions / EUR 1,6 million) afin d'aider les Sociétés de la Croix-Rouge et du Croissant-Rouge de 14 pays d'Afrique à faire face à des flambées de polio virus sauvages.
"Nous avons des informations établissant clairement que la poliomyélite est en train de se propager à nouveau, y compris dans des pays comme l'Ouganda où la maladie était …
This Emergency Appeal seeks CHF 2,432,933 (USD 2.1m or EUR 1.6) in cash, kind, or services to support National Societies in the affected countries to support the planned 5-month vaccination campaign that will reach a total of some 80 million people (in countries covered by the appeal), a significant portion of whom will benefit directly from Red Cross and Red Crescent action1.
This appeal seeks a total of CHF 19,494,438 to fund programmes and activities to be implemented in 2007.
This appeal seeks a total of CHF 3,011,000(1) to fund programmes and activities to be implemented in 2006 and 2007.
This appeal seeks a total of CHF 34,095,0001 to fund programmes and activities to be implemented in 2006 and 2007.
This document aims to highlight commonalities and trends in humanitarian needs and response, drawing examples where appropriate from specific situations where the Consolidated Appeals Process (CAP) takes place. It is not meant to be a condensed repetition of the 2004 CAP Mid-Year Reviews, each of which tells its own story and is the result of broad, inclusive, and intensive input from field offices and headquarters of appealing organisations.
CHURCH WORLD SERVICE
EMERGENCY RESPONSE OFFICE
Church World Service is the Relief and Development Agency of the 36 member denominations of the National Council of Churches of Christ in the U.S.A
36 Denominations & Communions Working Together to Meet Human Needs
EMERGENCY ACCOUNT (#6310)
Communiqué de presse
Geneva, 28 February 2000 - The United Nations World Food Programme and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees today expressed concern over dramatic funding shortfalls for humanitarian operations in Africa and appealed to the donor community to move quickly to meet the needs.