Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia - Council conclusions (19 November 2018)
- World Vision East Africa Region Situation Report | October 1 - October 31, 2018
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #10 – Reporting Period: October 2018
Increased amounts of rainfall leads to favorable moisture conditions over parts of eastern Ethiopia, southern Somalia.
Late season dryness observed over parts of Malawi and Mozambique.
Pandémie A (H1N1): Vingt et neuf (29) pays sont actuellement touchés dans notre Région avec un total de cas s'élevant à 14 868 et 103 décès au 9 novembre 2009 mais la baisse globale de l'incidence continue.
AFRICA: In eastern Africa, heavy rains and floods have caused loss of life and destroyed crops and infrastructure in several countries. However, prospects for current crops have improved. In southern Africa, cereal import requirements in 2005/06 (excluding South Africa) are estimated about 30 percent higher than last year due to substantially reduced harvests in Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe. South Africa, on the other hand, is estimated to have more than enough exportable surplus of maize to meet the import needs of the subregion.
(B) East & Central Africa: (1) Burundi (2) Congo, DR (3) Djibouti (4) Eritrea (5) Ethiopia (6) Rwanda (7) Somalia (8) Sudan (9) Tanzania (10) Uganda
(C) West Africa: (1) Chad (2) Cote d'Ivoire (3) Liberia
(D) Southern Africa: (1) Regional (2) Angola (3) Lesotho (4) Madagascar (5) Malawi (6) Mozambique (7) Swaziland (8) Zambia (9) Zimbabwe
(E) Asia: (1) Bangladesh (2) India (3) Indonesia (4) Korea (DPR) (5) Maldives (6) Myanmar (7) Sri Lanka
(F) Latin America and Caribbean: (1) Guyana floods (2) Bolivia (3) Colombia (4) Guatemala (5) Haiti (6) …
(a) By February 11, WFP is feeding more than 1.4 million tsunami affected people, and has dispatched over 24,000 tons of food.
(b) WFP is distributing high energy biscuits and other food commodities to thousands of flood affected people in Guyana.
(c) WFP plans to deliver some 42,700 tons of food to Sudan's Darfur region in February.
(d) In Eritrea a total of 12,800 people already moved back to their places of origin after having spent almost six years in an IDP camp. They will receive WFP provided food rations.