Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (24 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Key Message Update, September 2018
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2018 - Ethiopia (Revised August 2018)
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
Luanda - Angola will contribute with USD five million in the campaign to help people in the Horn of Africa affected by hunger and drought.
This announcement was made this Friday, in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, by the Angolan Foreign Affairs minister, George Chicoti.
George Chicoti, who represented the Angolan head of State, José Eduardo dos Santos, in the Donors Conference for the countries of the Horn of Africa affected by drought and hunger, said that the Angolan Government is following with sadness and worry the situation facing the people in that region of the continent.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 17, 2011
Public Information: 202-712-4810
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Government, through the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), announced the expansion of its Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) program. IRS is the application of safe insecticides to the indoor walls and ceilings of a home or structure in order to interrupt the spread of malaria by killing mosquitoes that carry the malaria parasite. Malaria is the number one killer in Africa.
By Richard Downie, Jennifer G. Cooke
Jun 30, 2011
Agreements signed with AMREF, CARE International UK and Save the Children as part of commitment to reinvest 20% of profits in LDCs
John L. Hirsch l Senior Adviser
The arrest of Laurent Gbagbo in the bunker of the presidential palace in Abidjan on April 11th marks a turning point in the struggle to place Alassane Ouattara, the declared winner of the December 2010 election, in his rightful place as President of the Ivory Coast.
Note: Map in 2 pages
Note: Map in 2 pages