Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia: West Guji Zone - Ongoing Humanitarian Activities Overview (as of 15 Sep 2018)
- Ethiopia Key Message Update, September 2018
By Chris Niles
NEW YORK, United States of America, 18 December 2012 - The European Union is donating part of its Nobel Peace Prize money to UNICEF’s work educating children in northwestern Pakistan.
The European Union (EU) was awarded the prize earlier this month in recognition of its more than 60 years of work advancing peace and democracy in Europe.
The UK is set to remodel its education programme in the world's poorest countries in an attempt to help children who are considered the hardest to reach and revive international efforts to get all primary aged children into school by 2015.
The Department for International Development is launching a wide-ranging public consultation today to investigate a range of options that will help shape a new education strategy.