Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (24 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Key Message Update, September 2018
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2018 - Ethiopia (Revised August 2018)
Mature swarm arrives on Pakistan coast from Yemen
- The Independent Monitoring Board (IMB) will meet for the ninth time in London, United Kingdom (UK), on Tuesday 1 October and Wednesday 2 October 2013. The IMB will meet with representatives of polio-affected countries and Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) partners and stakeholders. Anyone wishing to attend the IMB meeting is encouraged to contact Dr Paul Rutter of the IMB Secretariat: email@example.com.
• In Nigeria, the Presidential Task Force has reviewed the latest epidemiology of poliovirus transmission and strategies to overcome remaining challenges. A new risk-classification system of low-performing areas aims to focus resources where they are most needed. See ‘Nigeria’ section for more.
Last week, 20,000 Rotarians from 160 countries gathered in Lisbon, Portugal for the annual Rotary International Convention. Rotary and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation announced an extension of their existing fundraising partnership that could generate up to US$525 million for polio eradication. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will match two dollars for every new dollar Rotary commits to polio eradication, up to US$35 million per year, through 2018. More.
In Pakistan, the WPV1 outbreak in Bara in Khyber Agency (Federally Administered Tribal Areas – FATA), is continuing. Seven cases have now been reported since end-April. This outbreak is the major WPV reservoir in all of Asia, and is threatening progress achieved elsewhere in the country and in neighbouring Afghanistan. See ‘Pakistan’ section below for more.
Polio this week - As of 12 June 2013
The UK is set to remodel its education programme in the world's poorest countries in an attempt to help children who are considered the hardest to reach and revive international efforts to get all primary aged children into school by 2015.
The Department for International Development is launching a wide-ranging public consultation today to investigate a range of options that will help shape a new education strategy.