Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia: 3W - Agriculture Cluster Ongoing Activities Map (as of November 2018)
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Ethiopia: 3W - WASH Cluster Ongoing and Planned Activities map (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: 3W - Protection Cluster Ongoing Activities Map (as of November 2018)
GENERAL ASSEMBLY THIRD COMMITTEE
SEVENTY-THIRD SESSION, 31ST & 32ND MEETINGS (AM & PM)
Lasting Stability Never Comes with Repression, Special Rapporteur Says, Describing ‘Sad Fate’ of Freedom of Expression in Belarus
Israel is a multiparty parliamentary democracy with a population of approximately 7.7 million, including Israelis living in the occupied territories. Israel has no constitution, although a series of "Basic Laws" enumerate fundamental rights. Certain fundamental laws, orders, and regulations legally depend on the existence of a "State of Emergency," which has been in effect since 1948. The 120-member, unicameral Knesset has the power to dissolve the government and mandate elections. The February 2009 elections for the Knesset were considered free and fair.
Doha, March 3, 2009 - Qatar Charity yesterday signed a tripartite agreement with Islamic Development Bank(al-Aqsa Fund) and the United Nations Development Program to support the poor families in Palestine with a total amount of $ 4.500.000. In the same context, Mr. Hammad 'Abdul Qader al-Sheikh, the General Manager of Munazamat al-Da'wah al-Islamiya, delivered a check to the Vice-Chairman of Qatar Charity's Board of Directors, Mr.
Each week, the World Health Organization Department for Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on the health aspects of selected humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and Headquarters.