Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: Agriculture Sector HDRP Monthly Dashboard (October 2018)
Near the Bangladeshi capital of Dhaka thousands of people rioted last year, sm ashing cars and buses and vandalizing factories. In a string of countries throughout Africa, in Central Asia and Latin America there were similar disturbances and unrest.
Even in the United States, one of the country's most popular retail outlets imposed a temporary limit on amounts or rice customers could buy. In North Korea the situation was so dire that one government official predicted "Life is more than difficult.
Office of the Spokesman
The President has authorized the use of $29.5 million from the U.S. Emergency Refugee and Migration Assistance (ERMA) Fund to meet unexpected urgent refugee and migration needs related to conflicts in Somalia, Sudan, and Chad, and to meet refugee food needs in other African countries, the West Bank and Gaza.