Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 68 | 11 - 25 November 2018
- Ethiopia, WB Sign 100 Mln USD Loan Agreement
- Ethiopia: Displacement and Food Security, 28 November 2018
ASSEMBLY OF THE UNION
Eighteenth Ordinary Session
29 – 30 January 2012
Addis Ababa, ETHIOPIA
Israel is a multiparty parliamentary democracy with a population of approximately 7.7 million, including Israelis living in the occupied territories. Israel has no constitution, although a series of "Basic Laws" enumerate fundamental rights. Certain fundamental laws, orders, and regulations legally depend on the existence of a "State of Emergency," which has been in effect since 1948. The 120-member, unicameral Knesset has the power to dissolve the government and mandate elections. The February 2009 elections for the Knesset were considered free and fair.
Near the Bangladeshi capital of Dhaka thousands of people rioted last year, sm ashing cars and buses and vandalizing factories. In a string of countries throughout Africa, in Central Asia and Latin America there were similar disturbances and unrest.
Even in the United States, one of the country's most popular retail outlets imposed a temporary limit on amounts or rice customers could buy. In North Korea the situation was so dire that one government official predicted "Life is more than difficult.
Office of the Spokesman
The President has authorized the use of $29.5 million from the U.S. Emergency Refugee and Migration Assistance (ERMA) Fund to meet unexpected urgent refugee and migration needs related to conflicts in Somalia, Sudan, and Chad, and to meet refugee food needs in other African countries, the West Bank and Gaza.