Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Multi-Sectoral Intervention Vital to Accelerate Reduction of Stunting: Researchers
- Mai-Aini Refugee Camp - Camp Profile Shire 31 October 2018
- Hitsats Refugee Camp - Camp Profile Shire 31 October 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15-28 October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
By Scott Bobb
The United Nations says the world economic crisis is raising malnutrition and death rates among Africa's children while reducing their access to schools and health care. The assessment was released as world leaders prepare to gather Sept.
By Lisa Schlein
Geneva, 10 April 2009 - GAVI, the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization, is fast tracking a $55 million contribution to establish a stockpile of vaccines to save lives and contain the spread of meningitis across Africa. The Geneva-based GAVI Alliance is a public-private partnership that includes the World Health Organization, UNICEF and private philanthropies, such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Some 400 million people in Africa are potentially at risk of getting meningitis.