Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia | Internal displacement (December 2018) – DG ECHO Daily Map | 22/01/2019
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 72 | 7 - 20 January 2019
- Ethiopia – Inter-communal fighting in South Sudanese refugee camps (DG ECHO, DG ECHO partners) (ECHO Daily Flash of 21 January 2019)
By Scott Bobb
The United Nations says the world economic crisis is raising malnutrition and death rates among Africa's children while reducing their access to schools and health care. The assessment was released as world leaders prepare to gather Sept.
By Lisa Schlein
Geneva, 10 April 2009 - GAVI, the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization, is fast tracking a $55 million contribution to establish a stockpile of vaccines to save lives and contain the spread of meningitis across Africa. The Geneva-based GAVI Alliance is a public-private partnership that includes the World Health Organization, UNICEF and private philanthropies, such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Some 400 million people in Africa are potentially at risk of getting meningitis.