Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Helping Ethiopia Achieve Green Growth and Avoid Industrialised Nations’ Environmental Mistakes
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 65 | 01-14 October 2018
1,536 Refugees evacuated temporarily from Libya to Niger as part of the ETM (Emergency Transit Mechanism) from November 2017 – June 2018
2,013 Persons profiled by UNHCR in Agadez seeking asylum
17,758 Persons internally displaced in the Tillaberi region
The key situations include:
1,287 Refugees evacuated from Libya to Niger as part of the ETM (Emergency Transit Mechanism) from November 2017 – May 2018
2,036 Persons profiled by UNHCR in Agadez seeking asylum within the mix migration flow
13,900 Persons internally displaced in the Tillaberi region
The key situations include:
L’ÉDUCATION MENACÉE PAR L’INSÉCURITÉ À DIFFA
CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC
FRESH FIGHTING DISPLACES 5,000 IN BATANGAFO
Clashes between armed groups on 7 -9 November near the northern Batangafotown forced around 5,000 people to flee towards the town. The latest violence raised to 36,000 the number of displaced people in the area. Food and basic household items are the urgent needs of the newly displaced. The country has witnessed a surge in violence over the past year, with fresh hotspots and recurrent clashes erupting in several regions.
Niger - IOM notes the shocking discovery this week of the remains of 34 migrants near the Algeria-Niger border which brings to 471 the number of deaths and disappearances recorded on the African continent this year by IOM’s Missing Migrants Project.
Out of school and into marriage: 39,000 girls forced to marry every day
Girls in 26 countries are more likely to be forced into marriage than to enroll in secondary school, research from CARE has found.
The report, Vows of Poverty, has been released to mark the International Day of the Girl on 11 October and provides a snapshot of the forces that drive girls into marriage and out of school.
The report found:
Un partenariat novateur opérationnel dans cinq pays
The politics of aid can delay early intervention, despite last year's famine in Somalia showing early aid can achieve more
By Mark Tran
A recent briefing paper by the UN's Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) succinctly sums up the frustration of humanitarian groups as they grapple with the food crisis in the Sahel, where 18 million people are at risk from hunger.
Paul O’Brien, Overseas Director, Concern Worldwide