Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- UNHCR Ethiopia Factsheet - November 2018
- Ethiopia: Historic reforms encouraging; country’s displaced must not be forgotten
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
L’ÉDUCATION MENACÉE PAR L’INSÉCURITÉ À DIFFA
CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC
FRESH FIGHTING DISPLACES 5,000 IN BATANGAFO
Clashes between armed groups on 7 -9 November near the northern Batangafotown forced around 5,000 people to flee towards the town. The latest violence raised to 36,000 the number of displaced people in the area. Food and basic household items are the urgent needs of the newly displaced. The country has witnessed a surge in violence over the past year, with fresh hotspots and recurrent clashes erupting in several regions.
Out of school and into marriage: 39,000 girls forced to marry every day
Girls in 26 countries are more likely to be forced into marriage than to enroll in secondary school, research from CARE has found.
The report, Vows of Poverty, has been released to mark the International Day of the Girl on 11 October and provides a snapshot of the forces that drive girls into marriage and out of school.
The report found:
The outlook for August - October 2006 Sahel rainfall at one month lead is very similar to last month's update and shows a tilt in the odds favoring
above average rainfall across the Sahel from western Mali and southern Mauritania eastward into Niger. There is also a tilt in the odds to favor
above normal rainfall over eastern Chad.
Gulf of Guinea
There is a slight tilt of the odds toward below normal rainfall over northern Ivory Coast and eastern Benin to central Nigeria .