Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- German Launches Special Training Initiative to Refugees in Ethiopia
Out of school and into marriage: 39,000 girls forced to marry every day
Girls in 26 countries are more likely to be forced into marriage than to enroll in secondary school, research from CARE has found.
The report, Vows of Poverty, has been released to mark the International Day of the Girl on 11 October and provides a snapshot of the forces that drive girls into marriage and out of school.
The report found:
The outlook for August - October 2006 Sahel rainfall at one month lead is very similar to last month's update and shows a tilt in the odds favoring
above average rainfall across the Sahel from western Mali and southern Mauritania eastward into Niger. There is also a tilt in the odds to favor
above normal rainfall over eastern Chad.
Gulf of Guinea
There is a slight tilt of the odds toward below normal rainfall over northern Ivory Coast and eastern Benin to central Nigeria .
Cáritas. Madrid, 21 de febrero de 2006.- Los fondos de ayuda humanitaria de emergencia que la Confederación Cáritas ha enviado a distintas Cáritas africanas en el período mayo-diciembre de 2005 han sido de 923.579 USD $ (unos 770.000 euros). Estos recursos se han destinado, principalmente, a paliar graves situaciones de deficiencia alimentaria causadas por la sequía y otros fenómenos naturales.