Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants Applauds Ethiopia’s New Refugee Law
- Ethiopia – Inter-communal fighting in South Sudanese refugee camps (DG ECHO, DG ECHO partners) (ECHO Daily Flash of 21 January 2019)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 72 | 7 - 20 January 2019
UNHCR OPERATIONAL HIGHLIGHTS
Upon the request of the Minister of Interior, UNHCR carried out a physical verification exercise in Maratane, Nampula and Maputo of asylum-seekers whose cases are pending endorsement by the Minister and submission to the National Eligibility Committee (CCR). In June, the CCR is to hold two sessions for the first time since 2012 to adjudicate cases of 843 persons.
In June, UNHCR together with IOM organized a National Consultation on Mixed Migration as a preparation to the 2014 MIDSA.
Mozambique has a democratic constitution and an estimated population of 22.4 million. President Armando Guebuza was reelected in October 2009 in a contest criticized by several national and international observers, including the EU and the Commonwealth, as lacking a "level playing field" and faulted for lacking transparency, integrity, impartiality, and independence.