Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia: West Guji Zone - Ongoing Humanitarian Activities Overview (as of 15 Sep 2018)
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
Mozambique - IOM, in collaboration with the Government of Mozambique, will conduct a four-day training-of-trainers programme next week (9-12/9) in Maputo on improving protection assistance to migrants transiting the country.
Mozambique is a transit country for African migrants and asylum seekers hoping to reach South Africa. The majority come from Ethiopia, Somalia and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Mozambique - En collaboration avec le gouvernement du Mozambique, l’OIM mettra en œuvre un programme de formation de formateurs de quatre jours la semaine prochaine (du 9 au 12 septembre) à Maputo, sur l’amélioration de la protection et de l’aide aux migrants en transit dans le pays.
Le Mozambique est un pays de transit pour les migrants et les demandeurs d’asile africains qui espèrent atteindre l’Afrique du Sud. La majorité sont originaires d’Ethiopie, de Somalie et de la République démocratique du Congo.
UNHCR OPERATIONAL HIGHLIGHTS
Upon the request of the Minister of Interior, UNHCR carried out a physical verification exercise in Maratane, Nampula and Maputo of asylum-seekers whose cases are pending endorsement by the Minister and submission to the National Eligibility Committee (CCR). In June, the CCR is to hold two sessions for the first time since 2012 to adjudicate cases of 843 persons.
In June, UNHCR together with IOM organized a National Consultation on Mixed Migration as a preparation to the 2014 MIDSA.
Posted on Tue, May-27-2014
Mozambique - IOM and UNHCR yesterday hosted a meeting with key stakeholders to discuss the national response to mixed migration challenges in Mozambique. The meeting was part of the preparations for the 2014 regional Migration Dialogue for Southern Africa (MIDSA) conference, which will focus on mixed and irregular migration.
1) Heavy downpours over the past few weeks have caused the overflowing of the Licungo River across the Zambezia province of northern Mozambique. The flooding has negatively affected the livelihoods of many residents of the Namacura and Maganja da Costa districts. Light rains are expected during the next week, which could sustain oversaturation and worsen conditions on the ground.