Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Investigate police conduct after deaths of five people protesting ethnic clashes
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
This document provides an overview of developments in the Mediterranean Basin and other regions of interest from 08 May - 14 May, with hyperlinks to source material highlighted and underlined in the text. For more information on the topics below or other issues pertaining to the region, please contact the members of the Med Basin Team, or visit our website at www.cimicweb.org.
HoA: Land & Sea
The European Union's humanitarian aid policy reflects its founding principles - solidarity, tolerance and respect for human dignity. Humanitarian aid, while not a crisis management tool, is one of the pillars of Community action for countries affected by natural or man made disasters as well as by complex emergencies(1). Through its activities in disaster areas and through its active contribution to promoting respect for and adherence to International Humanitarian Law, the European Commission has asserted itself as a major player in international humanitarian aid.
La politique humanitaire de l'Union européenne est une expression de ses principes fondateurs - la solidarité, la tolérance et le respect de la dignité humaine. L'aide humanitaire, sans être un instrument de crise, est un des piliers de l'action communautaire en faveur des pays affectés par des catastrophes naturelles ou les catastrophes causées par l'homme, ainsi que par les urgences complexes liées aux conflits(1).
This week's report covers the following sectors: Agriculture, Coordination and Support Services, Education, Food, Health, Refugees and IDPs, Security, Shelter and Non-food Items, Water & Sanitation
This week's report covers the following sectors: Agriculture, Coordination and Support Services, Education, Food, Health, Protection / Human Rights / Rule of Law, Refugees and IDPs, Security, Shelter and Non-food Items, Water & Sanitation