Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
The Desert Locust (SGR1): SGR situation remained calm in August in summer breeding areas. Only smallscale breeding was reported in the summer breeding areas in Mauritania and Pakistan. A similar situation may be present in parts of Mali, Niger, southern Algeria and eastern Chad, but could not be confirmed.
The Desert Locust (DL1) situation remained fairly calm in winter and spring breeding areas in March largely due to dry and unfavorable conditions and locust units' vigilance. Only some hopper groups and bands required control in Saudi Arabia. Scattered solitary adults were reported in northern Mauritania, northeastern Morocco and adjacent areas in Algeria as well as the Red Sea coast in Sudan. A similar situation may exist in northern Niger and Mali but could not be confirmed due to ongoing security situation.
The desert locust (DL1) situation remained calm in February in winter breeding areas due to unfavorable ecological conditions. Only a few scattered solitary adults and/or hoppers were reported in northern Mauritania, southwest Libya and along the Red Sea coasts in Sudan and Saudi Arabia.
EL NIÑO/SOUTHERN OSCILLATION (ENSO) DIAGNOSTIC DISCUSSION