Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Ethiopia: Agriculture Sector HDRP Monthly Dashboard (October 2018)
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
The 'Schools for Africa' initiative launches its third phase at UNICEF headquarters in New York.
By Malli Kamimura
OTTAWA — Canada plays an important role in safeguarding the rights and providing for the well-being of refugees and other displaced people around the world. Today, to mark World Refugee Day, the Honourable Julian Fantino, Minister of International Cooperation, announced support to provide innovative technology to help better protect refugees.
Twenty-one million children in school thanks to efforts
NEW YORK, 17 June 2013 – UNICEF, the Nelson Mandela Foundation and the Peter Krämer Foundation today kicked off a new fundraising drive to raise US$80 million to help Africa’s girls, orphans, children living in extreme poverty and other vulnerable children go to school and get a quality education.
Yokohama – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomed this week the announcement of a US$140.7 million contribution from the Government of Japan. The generous donation will provide vital food and nutritional assistance to millions of people, including refugees, internally-displaced persons, malnourished children, pregnant and breastfeeding women in 16 countries in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. The funds will also support special logistics operations in three countries.
27 January 2013 – Speaking at the African Union Summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today called on the continent's leaders to boost efforts to lift millions out of poverty and end recurrent cycles of violence to accelerate development in the region.
By Marie-France Bourgeois
BRUSSELS, Belgium, 6 December 2012 – The European Union (EU) and UNICEF have joined forces to protect more than 30 million children’s lives by improving nutrition security in five Asian and four African countries.
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
This document provides an overview of developments in the Mediterranean Basin and other regions of interest from 26 June — 09 July, with hyperlinks to source material highlighted and underlined in the text. For more information on the topics below or other issues pertaining to the region, please contact the members of the Med Basin Team, or visit our website at www.cimicweb.org.
In Focus 1
HoA: Land & Sea 2
North Africa 4
Northeast Africa 6