Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Key Message Update, September 2018
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2018 - Ethiopia (Revised August 2018)
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (24 September 2018)
The 'Schools for Africa' initiative launches its third phase at UNICEF headquarters in New York.
By Malli Kamimura
Twenty-one million children in school thanks to efforts
NEW YORK, 17 June 2013 – UNICEF, the Nelson Mandela Foundation and the Peter Krämer Foundation today kicked off a new fundraising drive to raise US$80 million to help Africa’s girls, orphans, children living in extreme poverty and other vulnerable children go to school and get a quality education.
27 January 2013 – Speaking at the African Union Summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today called on the continent's leaders to boost efforts to lift millions out of poverty and end recurrent cycles of violence to accelerate development in the region.
This document provides an overview of developments in the Mediterranean Basin and other regions of interest from 27 March—02 April, with hyperlinks to source material highlighted and underlined in the text. For more information on the topics below or other issues pertaining to the region, please contact the members of the Med Basin Team, or visit our website at www.cimicweb.org.
In Focus: Piracy and Armed Robbery in the Gulf of Guinea
By Britta Rinehard