Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
The 'Schools for Africa' initiative launches its third phase at UNICEF headquarters in New York.
By Malli Kamimura
Twenty-one million children in school thanks to efforts
NEW YORK, 17 June 2013 – UNICEF, the Nelson Mandela Foundation and the Peter Krämer Foundation today kicked off a new fundraising drive to raise US$80 million to help Africa’s girls, orphans, children living in extreme poverty and other vulnerable children go to school and get a quality education.
International donors have pledged over US$450 million to support an African force to fight Islamist militants in northern Mali. The pledges came at a donors conference held Tuesday (January 30th) in Addis Ababa to raise funds and logistics support for the African-led International Support Mission to Mali (AFISMA). Prior to the donors' conference, the AU's new chairperson, Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn, announced the AU Assembly's pledge to help stabilize Mali.
Ottawa (Ontario) ― Dans le cadre des efforts déployés par le Canada à l'échelle internationale pour aider les pays en développement à s'adapter aux répercussions des changements climatiques, l'honorable Beverley J. Oda, ministre de la Coopération internationale, et l'honorable Peter Kent, ministre de l'Environnement, ont lancé aujourd'hui le Fonds canadien pour la résilience climatique en Afrique.
July-September 2005 Forecasts
There is a low to moderate tilt in the odds favoring above normal rainfall across central Sahel in the areas including south central Mali, Burkina Faso, central and western Niger, and southern Chad. There is a slight tilt in the odds favoring below normal rainfall locally over western Mali, and portions of northern Chad.
Northern Horn of Africa
CCA Guidance for Sahel Rainfall in Aug-Oct 2003 at Four Months Lead
Two weeks ago we focused on the Sahel CCA guidance for June - August. This week we discuss the forecast for the period August-October actually done last month. The prediction for August-October 2003 Sahel rainfall at four months lead (see SahelASO.gif) calls for slightly higher than climatological probabilities for below normal rainfall in the area that encompasses eastern Niger, Chad, and western Sudan.
CCA Guidance for Sahel Rainfall in June - Aug at One Month Lead