Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants Applauds Ethiopia’s New Refugee Law
- UN Entities Support Ethiopia’s Quest for Policy Coherence for SDGs
On Monday, Malawi Red Cross Society MRCS participated in the commemoration of the World Refugee Day for 2016. Events marking the commemoration took place at Dzaleka Refugee camp in Dowa District.
Muhammad Ali, a representative of the refugees thanked Malawi government for allowing and accommodating the refugees despite the economic hardships the country is facing at the moment. Ali however said that there are many challenges at the camp ranging from congestion, insufficient water, water, food and blankets among others.
The British Red Cross is extending its appeal for aid to Africa as a food crisis threatens to engulf large swathes of the continent.
The Federation's mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity. It is the world's largest humanitarian organization and its millions of volunteers are active in 178 countries. For more information: www.ifrc.org