Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Collaborative Action for Sustainable Peace, Gedeo–Guji peacebuilding forum | November 22, 2018 | Dila town | Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 68 | 11 - 25 November 2018
Malawi - IOM this week facilitated the return of 50 Ethiopian irregular migrants stranded in Malawi. Fifteen of the returnees were children.
The migrants are part of a group of 387 Ethiopian migrants held in Malawian prisons for immigration offenses. They were issued travel documents in September 2015 through the collaborative efforts of the Ethiopian and Malawian authorities, with support from IOM.
Thirty six unaccompanied migrant children among a total of 387 Ethiopian migrants held in Malawian prisons for immigration offenses will return home this week to join their families with the help of IOM and the Government of the United States.