Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- UNICEF Horn of Africa Drought Situation as of September 2018
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Refugee Girls Gain from Effort to Teach Life Skills
The Desert Locust (SGR1 ) situation deteriorated along the Red Sea coast in the central outbreak region during November. Aerial and ground operations treated swarms and groups of adults and hoppers on close to 83,000 ha in Sudan during this month. A few adult locusts were detected on the Gulf of Aden & the Red Sea coastal plains in Yemen the last week of November. No locusts were reported in Ethiopia, Oman or Somalia and no reports were received from Eritrea or Saudi Arabia during this period (DLCO-EA, DLMCC/Yemen, LCC/Oman, PPD/Sudan).
James T. Morris, Executive Director, World Food Programme
ROME -- President Olusegun Obasanjo of Nigeria and the Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), James Morris, today called for greater efforts to eradicate child hunger and malnutrition in Africa, ahead of next month's summit of the G8 leading industrialised countries in Scotland.
President Obasanjo, who was in Rome for discussions with Morris and to address WFP's governing Executive Board, said Nigeria was working with WFP and other agencies to give agriculture and food security pride of place.
ROME - The United Nations World Food Programme today officially launched the Africa Hunger Alert campaign, aimed at drawing international attention to the unprecedented hunger crisis gripping the African continent where 38 million people face starvation.