Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia: Investigate police conduct after deaths of five people protesting ethnic clashes
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
- Ethiopia tops global list of highest internal displacement in 2018
- 23 Killed in Ethnic Violence Near Addis Ababa
Southern Africa has been hit by its worst drought in 35 years. An estimated 32 million people are food insecure.
Poverty is expected to rise, jeopardizing decades of hard-won developmental gains in the region.
Cash transfers have become the primary response to support the recovery of disaster-affected population.
By Andrea Vermehren, Lead Social Protection Specialist working in the Africa region
Note: Document is 2 pages
Tropical Cyclone Clovis
Tropical Cyclone Clovis has been slowly developing over the last week. The storm is currently at its peak intensity and will likely make landfall on Madagascar during the early part of the next week.