Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia: West Guji Zone - Ongoing Humanitarian Activities Overview (as of 15 Sep 2018)
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
This Weekly Bulletin focuses on selected acute public health emergencies occurring in the WHO African Region. The WHO Health Emergencies Programme is currently monitoring 49 events in the region. This week’s edition covers key new and ongoing events, including:
Influenza A H1N1 pdm09 in Ghana Listeriosis in South Africa
Plague in Madagascar
Cholera in Zambia
Cholera in Tanzania
Humanitarian crisis in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
This Weekly Bulletin focuses on selected acute public health emergencies occurring in the WHO African Region. The WHO Health Emergencies Programme is currently monitoring 50 events in the region. This week’s edition covers key new and ongoing events, including:
- Declaration of end of Marburg virus disease outbreak in Uganda
- Influenza A H1N1 in Ghana
- Listeriosis in South Africa
- Cholera in Zambia
- Dengue fever in Senegal
Humanitarian crisis in South Sudan.
Consistent heavy rains caused fatalities, flooding, and landslides in Madagascar.
A slow start to the rainy season observed in southwestern Ethiopia.
Tropical Cyclone Clovis
Tropical Cyclone Clovis has been slowly developing over the last week. The storm is currently at its peak intensity and will likely make landfall on Madagascar during the early part of the next week.