Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
Les taux d’infection d’Ebola ralentissent au Liberia et se stabilisent en Guinée mais continuent d’augmenter en Sierra Leone. De nouveaux cas enregistrés dans la capitale du Mali, Bamako.
700 000 PDI enregistrés au nordest du Nigeria, dans les états d’Adamawa, Borno, et Yobe.
En trois jours consécutifs, près de 15 000 personnes fuient le Nigeria pour se réfugier à Diffa, Niger, suite à l’attaque d’une ville à la frontière.
Ebola infection rates slowing down in Liberia, leveling-off in Guinea, increasing in Sierra Leone. New cases reported in the Malian capital, Bamako.
700,000 IDPs registered in Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe states in Northeast Nigeria.
Nearly 15,000 people fleeing Nigeria for Diffa, Niger, in three days after border town attack.
Over USD$11 million of humanitarian goods lost in Burkina Faso.
1,000 people evacuated after volcano eruption in Cabo Verde.
- The Bank expands its food crisis facility
to $2 billion to provide immediate relief to countries hard hit by food
- Since last May, the facility has approved $916 million worth of projects in 31 countries; with nearly half of the funds supporting projects in Africa
- The number of undernourished is now thought to exceed 1 billion
When word got out earlier this year that cash could be earned to clear garbage, hoe fields or hack brush near Banga in Bong County, Liberia, the desperate stampeded.
"People came rushing on us and we could not recruit them all," …
DISCLAIMER: The following is a non-exhaustive selection of health-related events For a list of acronyms, please see the last page of this and WHO actions undertaken during the stated period in specific countries in update. which populations are experiencing crisis conditions. This has been compiled by WHO/Health Action in Crises (HAC/HQ), in consultation with relevant Country and Regional Offices.