Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- UNHCR Ethiopia Factsheet - November 2018
- Ethiopia: Historic reforms encouraging; country’s displaced must not be forgotten
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
Press Office: 202-712-4320
Public Information: 202-712-4810
New York - Millions were thrown a lifeline at a special session at the United Nations yesterday, when world leaders unveiled a plan for free health care in poor countries.
Speaking at a high level event at the United Nations, UK Premier Gordon Brown announced support for free health services in Nepal, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Malawi and Burundi.
- The Bank expands its food crisis facility
to $2 billion to provide immediate relief to countries hard hit by food
- Since last May, the facility has approved $916 million worth of projects in 31 countries; with nearly half of the funds supporting projects in Africa
- The number of undernourished is now thought to exceed 1 billion
When word got out earlier this year that cash could be earned to clear garbage, hoe fields or hack brush near Banga in Bong County, Liberia, the desperate stampeded.
"People came rushing on us and we could not recruit them all," …
Update of CPC Seasonal Outlooks at One-Month Lead: April-June 2006 Forecasts
Gulf of Guinea Region
The outlook for April-June 2006 Gulf of Guinea rainfall at one month lead shows a slight tilt in the odds favoring above average rainfall over many areas in the Gulf of Guinea, including Liberia, eastern Guinea, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, and along the coastal areas in Togo and Benin.
Northern Horn of Africa
Update of the ITCZ Position