Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
Note: map in 2 pages
CRS Spearheads a USAID-Sponsored Learning Initiative to Fight Hunger with Keyhole Garden Technology
Nairobi, Kenya, October 24, 2011 – Catholic Relief Services (CRS) will host a four day workshop “Home-Grown” Keyhole Gardens for Disaster Risk Reduction Learning Initiative in Lesotho from October 25-28, which aims to spread the knowledge of this simple program that can have significant impact on food insecurity and malnutrition.
Drought conditions have resulted in crop failure across western parts of RSA's Maize Triangle, Lesotho and southern Zimbabwe, with crop stress in the eastern part of the Maize Triangle as well as central Zimbabwe and Swaziland. Drought conditions have developed in eastern Botswana and southern Mozambique as well.
Favorable growing conditions in northern Mozambique, Malawi, Tanzania, Zambia, Angola and Namibia have resulted from abundant rains. In Ethiopia, the Belg rains are off to a reasonable start.
1) Crop stress and crop failures in southeastern Africa.
Latest WFP Training Handbook
WFP will launch its first-ever edition of the Emergency Food Security Assessment (EFSA) Handbook in July. This "state-of-the-art" handbook is the result of a comprehensive effort by WFP and will provide staff with the essential tools and tips needed to respond to emergency situations. Use of the Handbook will also ensure transparency of the methods used, leading to more effective partnerships. In the past, many assessments have focused primarily on estimating food aid needs.
CROP AND FOOD SUPPLY SITUATION
CCA Guidance for Gulf of Guinea Rainfall in March-May 2004 at One Month Lead
Update of El Niño