Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia: Investigate police conduct after deaths of five people protesting ethnic clashes
- 23 Killed in Ethnic Violence Near Addis Ababa
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
- Ethiopia tops global list of highest internal displacement in 2018
CRS Spearheads a USAID-Sponsored Learning Initiative to Fight Hunger with Keyhole Garden Technology
Nairobi, Kenya, October 24, 2011 – Catholic Relief Services (CRS) will host a four day workshop “Home-Grown” Keyhole Gardens for Disaster Risk Reduction Learning Initiative in Lesotho from October 25-28, which aims to spread the knowledge of this simple program that can have significant impact on food insecurity and malnutrition.
Preliminary Analysis Shows U.S. Under-Funding AIDS Programs
Thursday, May 07, 2009 (Washington, DC) - This morning the President Obama released the detailed fiscal year 2010 budget information on U.S. bilateral AIDS programs and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. According to preliminary analysis by Africa Action, the U.S.
In response to the catastrophic hunger crisis in Africa, the executives of the American humanitarian organizations engaged in food aid and the Executive Director of the United Nations' World Food Program have come together to act. Today, we launch a global campaign to assist more than 34 million people who face the very real risk of death by starvation. This crisis is compounded by the HIV/AIDS pandemic, which is devastating the productive populations of many African countries.
More than 34 million at risk of starvation in Africa