Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia - Council conclusions (19 November 2018)
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #10 – Reporting Period: October 2018
- World Vision East Africa Region Situation Report | October 1 - October 31, 2018
Note: map in 2 pages
Preliminary Analysis Shows U.S. Under-Funding AIDS Programs
Thursday, May 07, 2009 (Washington, DC) - This morning the President Obama released the detailed fiscal year 2010 budget information on U.S. bilateral AIDS programs and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. According to preliminary analysis by Africa Action, the U.S.
Drought conditions have resulted in crop failure across western parts of RSA's Maize Triangle, Lesotho and southern Zimbabwe, with crop stress in the eastern part of the Maize Triangle as well as central Zimbabwe and Swaziland. Drought conditions have developed in eastern Botswana and southern Mozambique as well.
Favorable growing conditions in northern Mozambique, Malawi, Tanzania, Zambia, Angola and Namibia have resulted from abundant rains. In Ethiopia, the Belg rains are off to a reasonable start.
1) Crop stress and crop failures in southeastern Africa.
CROP AND FOOD SUPPLY SITUATION
Update of El Niño