Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #10 – Reporting Period: October 2018
- Ethiopia - Council conclusions (19 November 2018)
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
A new report draws on the climate change mitigation experiences of a number of countries to highlight “win-win” options for Ethiopia and Kenya.
The Nordic countries – Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden – have valuable experience in developing solutions that can reduce global greenhouse gas emissions and save money in the longer term.
186,001 The number of refugees and asylum seekers registered in Kakuma camp and Kalobeyei settlement as at 31 October 2018.
8,637 The number of new arrivals refugees and asylum seekers registered in 2018.
4,088 Individuals assisted to return to their home countries since February 2016.
4,505 mt of food assistance distributed
US$ 1.6 m cash-based transfers made
US$17 m six months (October 2018–March 2019) net funding requirements
265 800 people assisted in September 2018
186,205 Number of refugees and asylum seekers registered in Kakuma camp and Kalobeyei settlement as at 31 August 2018.
7,180 Number of new arrivals with heightened protection needs registered in 2018.
3,791 Cumulative number of refugees assisted to return to their home countries since February 2016.
Update on Achievements
19 September 2018, Nairobi – City leaders in Africa have shared some of the successes of inclusive disaster risk reduction strategies, particularly focusing on community engagement and action at the local level.
In Yaoundé VI, as explained the Mayor, Yoki Onana Jacques, “The involvement of multi-stakeholders has yielded incredible outcomes that have promoted synergy between the mayor’s office and stakeholders.