Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia Key Message Update, September 2018
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (24 September 2018)
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2018 - Ethiopia (Revised August 2018)
Norway has decided to increase emergency relief to Kenya, Somalia, Eritrea and Ethiopia because of the drought. At the same time it is important to increase food security.
More than 20 million people are suffering from hunger as a result of the severe drought and conflicts in this densely populated region. Norway is now allocating NOK 40 million in emergency relief to victims of the drought.
"I am deeply concerned about the civilian population, who are severely affected," said Minister of the Environment and International Development Erik Solheim.