Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia-Kenya high-level cross-border Peace dialogue concludes with an action plan to address ongoing inter-communal conflict along common border
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
Training Africans to increase sales and grow small agricultural businesses
PHOENIX (August 5, 2014) – President Barack Obama spoke to 50 African leaders at the U.S.-Africa Business Forum in Washington D.C. from Aug. 4-6, to promote Africa’s economic growth in business and foreign investment. President Obama rallied support for Africa’s upcoming generation in creating business opportunities.
Celebrate World Water Day and learn about water projects around the world
Did you know…in the world’s poorest countries, approximately 1.1 billion people do not have access to safe drinking water? There is an even greater number lacking adequate sanitation and proper hygiene.
World Water Day is March 22, and Food for the Hungry celebrates the many water projects that faithful partners like you have help us complete worldwide. Your prayers and financial gifts are not only saving lives, but you are helping to change communities! Communities like Kinna, Kenya.
Today, the United Nations declared famine in parts of the Horn of Africa -- resulting from the past few years of unpredictable weather and extreme drought. There hasn't been an official famine since 1984-85.
One of the ways FH is helping save lives in this region is by caring for the animals on which so many people depend.