Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Briefing note: Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF) Ethiopia (August 2018)
On 12 September, Minister for Development Cooperation Olivier Chastel went to the largest refugee camp in the world, which is in Dadaab in Kenya. Altogether, some 440,000 people are staying here, and it is thought that by the end of the year, this figure will have risen to 550,000.
Belgium has promised the World Food Programme (WFP) that it will respond to the very serious food crises currently afflicting Ethiopia, Kenya and Pakistan. To this end, it has pledged €2.25 million, the equivalent of 5,000 tonnes of food.
Belgium has promised to help the World Food Programme (WFP) respond to the very serious food shortages facing Kenya, Pakistan and Ethiopia by giving the organisation €2.25 million, or 5,000 tonnes of food.