Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
24 September 2011 – Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today called for a long-term approach by national authorities and the international donor community to tackle the root causes of recurring drought-related food shortages in the Horn of Africa, which is facing the world’s worst humanitarian crisis. “Addressing underlying risk factors is among the keys to ensuring this crisis does not strike again,” Mr.
Flood waters in East Africa are rising much faster than funding for United Nations efforts to feed some 1.5 million people whose lives are threatened by the disaster.
The Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) today voiced deep concern about growing food shortages in Somalia, yet the UN has so far received only $5 million of the $18 million it requested two weeks ago to help the victims of the worst flooding in the impoverished Horn of Africa country's recent history.
Farmers had already been fleeing the Bay region due to armed conflict there, but the floods …
The United Nations humanitarian envoy for the Horn of Africa is heading to that drought-stricken region next week to help strengthen local and global efforts to tackle a devastating humanitarian crisis that has left millions of people facing starvation.