Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Countries from IGAD team up to end polio: The three Ministers of Health jointly launch to vaccinate about six million under-five children
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
The R4 Rural Resilience Initiative (R4) is a strategic partnership between Oxfam America (OA) and the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP). R4 was initiated in 2011 to respond to the challenges faced by food insecure communities enduring increasingly frequent and intense climate disasters and other shocks.
This evaluation was designed to review the goals and implementation of activities relating to public and private extension services supporting the achievement of USAID agriculture and food security program objectives. It assesses the relevance and efficacy of current activities; identifies ways to make future USAID support in this area more efficient and effective; and may be used in shaping future Feed the Future programs both at the Washington support level and in mission programs.
Submitted by: John Wilding (TL), Jeremy Swift and Hans Hartung, AGEG Consultants eG
(1) This report is written within the framework of the Evaluation Terms of Reference and particularly within that of the Evaluation Questions contained therein, as listed in Section 8.
A meeting hosted by the Overseas Development Institute and the Great Lakes & East Africa Inter-Agency Emergency Preparedness Working Group.